Panasonic sa ak270

Username: Matthew2702

Post Number: 1
hi I have a panasonic sa ak270, I want to by a record player and play it through the panasonic speakers, is this possible? I figure I can either get a seperate amp with the record player then wire this amp up to a splitter switch and then to the speakers, (so I can choose to use the speakers for either the panasonic or the record player) or just use the music port on on the panasonic, obviously this would be a lot easier but would this work and would it loose any sound quality?

if anyone could give me any advise what so ever, i would be very gratefull.

matthew

ps. i was also wondering what the connectors on the ends of the sa ak270's speaker wires were called, and if you can buy these on thier own?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1771
Does the Panasonic have a phono input? That would be your best bet.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17028

What is a Panasonic sa ak270? Give us a link to the product so we know what we're talking about. Otherwise, we can't be expected to know each product or to take the time to research each product.

Turntables will require a "phono pre amp" which is placed between the table and the amplifier. Rather than jerry rig a low end component, you would likely be better buying a new receiver with a phono section included and using either your own speakers or new items purchased to match the new receiver.

Username: Matthew2702

Post Number: 2
hi

the panasonic doesnt have a phono input, iv managed to get hold of a cambridge audo pre amp and a phono to 3.5mm connector to go from the amp to the music port of the panasonic, i will see how that work for now, if it doesnt work very well might have to buy a new reciever like you said. thanks for the help guys

Username: Nivichan1

Post Number: 4
Hi someone help please i bought a 10 inch dual coil pioneer sub today and attached it to my Panasonic sa-akx72 stereo system not too long ago i connected the coils in parallel with the aid of a youtube video and it works but when i raise my volume beyond 26 the speaker starts making a sort of clack/clicking/poping sound can someone please help maybe i did something wrong? Its connected together with a superwoffer sub that came with the system and my system is 900 watts /9800watts well that's what it says on the box

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2274
A little more information please Nirvan. Is the subwoofer powered (has built in amplifier)? How do you have it connected? Speaker level or line level (RCA jack and plug)? You don't have a speaker level output going into a line level without a mixer/attenuator do you? Are you using any kind of tone controls, loudness, bass boost, equalizers, etc? If so, turn them all OFF! AND KEEP THEM OFF FOR ALL ETERNITY!

Your sub is making this noise right? Just to be clear. Your subwoofer driver is being pushed to its limits and will blow if this continues. I don't know where 26 is in your volume control's range. 26 out of 100? 26 out of 30? I'm guessing closer to the latter. Why do you want to turn it up that high? Are you trying to go deaf?

Answering the above questions will go a long way toward resolving your issues.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18075

There's no need to make multiple posts. Your thread is in another section of the forum. Go there for discussion please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us