LED on amp

Username: Bart777

Post Number: 4
Hey guys, the 2 leds/globs went on my amp and I want to find out what replacement ones I need so IM a bit of a noob when it comes to this I have a voltmeter what setting would I put it on to do the test while the amp is on to see how much power they take....
Any help would be great guys
thanks
Bart K

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X3_IV6HGhkI/TpBRiGD-qHI/AAAAAAAAA1w/Mz03lP4dG y0/s576/IMG_1013.jpg

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16842

Why not just call the manufacturer and see if they'll sell you replacements? Otherwise, I think you'll find LED's run on AC voltage.

Now the tricky part is measuring the voltage at the leads while still keeping one hand in your pocket. That's a general rule when sticking hands, probes, etc into a live amplifier. Keep one hand in your pocket and there is little chance a mistaken touch will cause a surge of current to pass from one hand to the next by running through your chest and your heart. You still might get stung but it's less likely to cause real damage to your vitals. Remove all rings and jewelllery. And most of all, remember that sticker that says there are potentially lethal voltages present inside the amplifier isn't there just to hold the back panel on.

Username: Bart777

Post Number: 5
Hi Jan
thanks for getting back to me.
Well the amp is from the 70s and is a bit of a rare amp..
And yes its not LED its 5mm bulbs.

WOW now im getting scared!
Yes thanks for all that info I will follow it and take care while im doing it.
Yes it does have a sticker like that on it, Hahaha that's very ture.

Well thanks for all that info, much appreciated

Bart K

Username: Mjcmt

NC USA

Post Number: 4
Search the web for the SA-3900 service manual. They will list the exact replacement bulb. That is how I found the bulbs I needed for my '70 McIntosh MR77 tuner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us