Need Guidance on speakers

Anonymous

I am in desperate need of some guidance. I am new into the audio world. I have been to many stores and to my surprise every store has the best speakers available. I want to make a 7.1 system for a 19x12 ft room. I do not listen to much music so my system will be used mostly for movies. I can afford up to $2000 for the system.
I have listened to phase technology velocity series, Klipsch, B&W and I am planning on listening to paradigm and boston acoustics. So far I am leaning towards phase tech due to cost and good sound? Any comments will be very welcome Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 54
Boston Acoustics take their toll on my ears after extended period listening.
Have you got an AV receiver or seperate amplifier yet or are you picking the speakers first?

Username: Divots21

Post Number: 1
Same reaction to the BAs but I needed only 10 minutes. I listened to some B&Ws and Monitor Audio silver series side by side and like the laid back sound of the MAs but I listen to music more than movies but I can't complain with their sound with movies. The pardigms are great and would fit your budget well. Does the budget include a sub or do you already own one?

Username: Bandito100

Post Number: 1
Stone,
I do not have a receiver yet but I have been looking at the Pioneer Elite 55TXi and the Yamaha 2400

Jeff,
I have a Velodyne subwoofer. When I went to the audio stores they all seemed to think this was a good sub and that I should use it.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 931
for good surround on movies with a nice reciever
i think the klipsch do an excelent job.

and should pair up nice with the pioneer elite
reciever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help