That Bose...I mean blows

Username: Jmhuff

Smithfield, Nc United States

Post Number: 2
I must say that ignorance is bliss. In the last 6 or so years I never knew how bad my bose sucked, and how much I was probably missing. But, they are still better then my neighbors $500.00 dvd/cd/surround/coffee maker system he picked up.

So my receiver is on the brink of blowing up. I was going to spend about $1000 on a new one, but after all this reading I think I will only spend about $300.00 on a receiver(sony STR-DE995), and pick-up a new center and front speakers, so I can upgrade to 7.1

Since I have such a crappity crap, crap, system, should I stay away from spending $700 for a center and 2-speakers? Remember, my ears think the bose sound GREAT. I want something that will blend nicely with the bose speakers.

Or does it even matter since the bose will just be the two sides, and rear speakers?

Anonymous

LOL,If your ears think the Bose sound great,but you have come to realization that they suck so bad..I dont think getting new speakers is gonna help,nor make a difference. You say you want your new speakers to blend with the crappy Bose, you must not be planning on getting much better speakers then.

Username: Jmhuff

Smithfield, Nc United States

Post Number: 3
I was looking at the JBL S-CenterII and hadn't made up my mind for the front speakers, but something around the $300-$400 a pair.

I will just bite the bullet and get the "WILSON X-1 GRAND SLAM SPEAKERS", they are ONLY going for $26,000 a PAIR on ebay!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=5711308998&rd= 1

Sounds like it shouldn't make any difference for the bad if I put new speakers in. Cool beans !!

Unregistered guest
Mat

Try out the Denon AVR-1804 receiver ... fantastic value for the money that u will pay. The mission cinema m30 5.1 speaker setup will be a perfect partner to the Denon. I have heard them in a not too perfect room .. yet they sounded awesome... i could listen to the set up for 3 hours without getting ear fatigue... that speaks volumes for them. THe whole setup with set u back by around 1800 USD .. but worth the investment.

And for god's sake ... junk that bose crap !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us