Musical fidelity tempest - integrated amp

Music Rules
Unregistered guest
HI!

I'm looking for an integrated amp for system audio 505 speakers. Someone offered me this amp used for about 5 years. I've tried to find about it something on the web, but found nothing. The guy who sells it lives pretty far away of me, so I just looking for some info about it. If someone heard this amp please tell what you think about it and is it worth 550$ used?

Many thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 417
Musical fidelity makes good stuff. One of their amps were listed as class A in an audio magazine which is a great distinction - most of the gears in the category costs several thousand dollars.

I don't know the tempest, but ask how much it was originally, and if it was more than $1100, the price probably fair, and the sound will be pretty good.

Unregistered guest
I have a Musical Fidelity tempest, it puts out 45 watts and very high current (35 amps) It is 5 years old, it sounded far better than a similar priced NAD at the time but is not up to the current competition today - I recently compared it to a NAD 350 (I own both) on my system and it sounded smooth and punchy, but lacked detail and imaging !

headphoneampuser
Unregistered guest
Be careful buying Musical Fidelity products. There is only one U.S. retailer and absolutely no evidence that you can get any help with service from them anyway. Also to my knowledge MF does not include schematics with their products. This may not be a problem if you get the unit new but if used beware - I bought several MF products several years ago and there is absolutely no way to get some needed replacement parts. If you go with a british product - try to get one with more U.S. retailers and service support.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us