What's better for NAD C320BEE? Athena ASF2 or PSB 5T?

Matthew Au
Unregistered guest
I need help... I manage to find the above speakers at almost the same price. I can't decide on which is better. The rest of the system are NAD C541i CD player and NAD C320BEE amp. Room size is 10.5' x 10.0' with a 8.0' ceiling. The room is on the second of a three story house and has three walls and is open on the forth side (to the third and first floor -like a loft)

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 138
I think the Athenas would be overkill for your system to be honest. They handle a massive 250w and are for large rooms - whilst your amp is a reasonably powerful one, I doubt it could make those speakers sing.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 431
I think both would sound good - you are on the right track, so go with the one you like and you will be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Asimo

Post Number: 19
You must beware of three way big woofer speakers because your room is small. Big woofers create in small rooms a low Hz bass standing waves that it is almost impossible to get rid of them.
I have similar set (NAD C350 C 541 ) in a small room and I have found that the best speaker for that room is a small bookshelf speaker with 5" woofer.
Some examples are B&W 600 B&W 601 Mission 780 but there are many more good small two way speakers
Good luck

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us