"Shallow" receivers?

Username: Nek

Post Number: 1
I Have a bookcase being made that can't be greater than 14" deep, and need a shallow surround sound receiver that will fit on that shelf, hookups and all. Any ideas or leads.

Ken

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 401
Panasonic sa-xr45 - is light enough that you can brace it by putting weight on it even if it sticks out a bit (might not too much though).

Sounds excellent for the money as well - it has digital amp section which sounds smooth and punchy.

Only $300 on the web.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 402
First off I was more than disappointed in the performance when first trying it out. I did not know what was wrong the first 4days ,but I knew that if this was what to expect I was not going to be giving it more than a rating of 1.The sound was sterile lacked weight and was just bland! After reading the high regard others had using it I knew I was misiing something.

NOTE:"GET RID OF THE STOCK POWER CORD!" That cannot be stressed enough IMO!

Wayne of "The Boulder Cable Co." has the best solution which is to install the IEC Receptacle in the back so you can by-pass using an Adaptor all together. He is also working on improving the Analog Input Section. Look ½ way down pg. Here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=4991&postdays=0&postorder=asc &start=180

I knew others had touted it as being close to Krell in performance and I will not go that far. After receiving a Power Cord Adaptor and using my trusted DIY PC from my reference B&K Power Amp everything came in. I also used the Bass\Treble controls to adjust the sound to my liking. I'd advise others experiment with them also .Many people overlook such features.

Jimvm
Unregistered guest
You might look at these:

Sherwood Newcastle R-903 - about 10" deep.

Cambridge Audio azur 540R - about 12" deep.

Kenwood VRS-7100 - about 13" deep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us