Onkyo TX-8211

Bronze Member
Username: Skial123

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 11
I am looking for a new reciver and I've heard the Onkyo TX-8211 is a good one? Does anyone have any comments about this receiver?

Username: Audiophiliac

Boise, ID USA baby

Post Number: 4
Have you listened to or seen it yet? Thats the only way to find out for sure is to do comparisons on your own. :-) Everyone's eyes and ears are different. What sounds great to one, may sound like horse crap to another....so get out there and test-drive.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 399
I like the TX-8511 much better. It is 100 watts per ch, and it brings life to music. Believe me, you will be happy to have spent only $100 more for it.

It is wide current and discreet design giving pretty smooth sound mimicking the sound of an upscale piece.

http://www.bndonline.com/adnet1/ontxju2bnehi.html

http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_118697_1593crx.aspx

Username: Rpenuch

Post Number: 4
I have the 8511 and LOVE IT!

Bronze Member
Username: Skial123

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 12
I can get the 8211 for $100 and the 8511 for $250. I really don't want to spend an extra $150 for a receiver with features I don't need: the 8511 has 2 video inputs that I don't need and will never use. Do you think I should find a different receiver?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 415
I think you should go with the 8511. $150 more is not that much to spend for good music for a long time to come - there are some who spent as much as a car or a house for that pleasure.

I really think you will be happier with the 8511 - it just sounds more involving and lively than 8211. I can't think of a better receiver for that amount, unless you buy used at www.audiogon.com

If you want to go that route, a NAD or a parasound is a good one to hunt down.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us