Don't know how to hook up my new Sony SA-W2500

Username: Dnor

Post Number: 1
Okay, honestly I don't know that much about speakers or sound systems. I was looking for a way to get more bass to come from my computer so I bought a new subwoofer. I was thinking I would just be able to hook it right into my computer, but I cannot figure out what I need to do. Please, any advice would be helpful, I know very little about sound systems. I have a 2.1 speaker set-up for my computer already, my goal is to switch out my little 4.4W sub with my new 100W sub. Please help!! Thank you so much!!

Username: Dnor

Post Number: 2
The instructions that came with it say to hook it up to an amp. But if there is a way to hook it up to just my computer that would be amazing!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16648

Where'd you buy the sub?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1751
From what I see on Sony's website, this is a home audio/home theater subwoofer. Therefore, it was not intended for use with a computer. At one time I was using a similar Optimus sub with my computer. Using a 1/8 headphone plug Y-adapter, I ran one side to the main speakers. The other side I plugged another adapter into. 1/8 headphone plug on the Y adapter end, RCA on the other. My Optimus sub has stereo line level inputs. According to Sony, yours has a mono line level input. You'll need to mix the left and right channels for the sub if you go this route. Otherwise, you might want to bring the sub back and get either a sub or sub/speaker set for a computer. The reason I used the sub with the computer is that I already had the sub and adapters lying around and therefore didn't have to buy anything. If you are going to buy a sub for a computer, you ought to buy one made for said purpose, IMO!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us