Rotel receivers best in the sub $4000 price range?

Username: Diplotocus

Post Number: 5
I have been hearing that hands down Rotel makes the best receivers for under $4,000. Someone is trying their hardest to convince me that Adcom is the best under $4,000. What are some opinions? I listened to a Rotel RSX-1056 today and it sounded pretty good, but its only 75x5 which seems on paper to be pretty weak.

Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 3
Rotel does give a good bang for the buck as far as sound quality. Their basic philosophy is sound over bells and whistles. This gives many people that only have limited resources the ability to get a real good sounding unit for $800 to $2000.

However, if you have anywhere near $4000 to spend for a receiver there are numerous choices of receivers or separates you could look at that would give you very good extended and detailed sound with more features.

Yamaha flagship model
Pioneer flagship model
Nad
Parasound
Anthem
Krell
Integra

and many more...happy shopping

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 400
Anthem and krell sounds the best to me of the upeer group. I would prefer these to the rotel.

Bronze Member
Username: Invierno

Post Number: 65
I've been running a Rotel RSP-1068 pre/pro with an Anthem Statement A5 amp (approx 200x5). It's a wonderful combination, and is right at your price point.

I have used NAD T773 receivers and NAD T973 amps. I've also home auditioned Rotel receivers, Parasound Halo, Sunfire, Rotel, and misc other amps. The Anthem A5 amp was the best, IMO, as well as being one of the more affordable. The Rotel RSP-1068 plus almost any amp easily beat out the Rotel and NAD receivers.

I believe the Anthem Statement A5 is basically a fancy version of the Anthem MCA 50 which is available for a bit less money (and has scores of great reviews). A Rotel RSP-1068 plus an Anthem MCA 50 would likely sound just as good as the combo with the A5, and would be comfortably less than your limit of $4000.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 50
I may be wrong, but I do not think Krell makes a receiver. If they do I would say without even hearing it that it far out classes anything Rotel could put up or any other manufacturer mentioned so far. I didnt know about an Adcom reciever either. Where are you hearing Rotel hands down? It's very good but far outclasses?

For the under 4000.00 I have heard B&K and it sounds real good. My top choice would be Sunfire Ultimate receiver right at 4000.00. 200watts per channel into 7 channels. But if you can spend 4 grand why not look at seperates?

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 874
i would have to agree at $4000 i would not be looking
at recievers.

id be looking at rotel/nad/b&k/parasound or other
quality seperates.

id go with 2 amps a 5ch and 2ch or 4ch and 3ch
with the 2ch or 3ch amp being around 200w/chnl
and the 4ch or 5ch being around 125w/chnl.

with the seperate prepro that should sound better
than any reciever.

like a rotel 1068 or b&k ref50 prepro among others.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 72
Try the Arcam AVR300. You can expect $4,000 worth of sound for only $2,000.

Username: Maelson

Keller, Texas

Post Number: 1
My vote also goes to the Acram AVR300.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us