What Receiver for my B&W 602S2

Username: Xvoid

Post Number: 1
I have a HT system running b&w 602s2 with a Sony DB930 and am looking to upgrade my receiver.

I was originally going to go with a Sony DB2000 but after listening to the H/K 430 and NAD T753 I switched to my choice to the later two.

In direct comparisons in the shop on a pair of 602.5 I found the NAD matched the b&ws better and there was quite a noticable difference in the better defined bass response of the T753 over the H/K 430.

I did consider the new H/K DPR1005 that is about to arrive here in a month but I think it might blow my budget and I was very impressed with the 753.

Any comments please....considering I won't be changing my speakers for a while. I'm pretty set on the NAD T753 but I'm open minded! (Just wish they'd style their stuff so it was easier to fit into modern home décor :-) )

I am placing a very big emphasis on both music and movie performance and I like listening to electronic music such as Autechre.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 382
What sounds best to you is definitely the right choice. The T753 is a great receiver, no reason to change your mind.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 503
I agree. If the NAD has enough inputs for your needs now and in the future then that's a great choice. You won't find a better sounding receiver than NAD. I just wish they had enough inputs for me, but they don't.

Username: Xvoid

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys for your response, it makes me feel a little more comfortable with the NAD option.

It's funny coz I was thinking that the T753 had a great deal of options as for the number of inputs. I was disappointed when I realised there was no phono input but as I hardly ever use this format, it actually frees up another input! I think this is a trend now(?). Anyway I can buy a signal convertor for those rare occassions I really need to plug in my record player for that annoyingly warm, scratchy, compressed sound :-).

I thought the T753 was good for the number of digital inputs (4xCoax, 1xOpt) and inputs that accept video sources. Maybe I'm not that familiar with other receivers at this price point but it has one more a/v input than the H/K 430.

One thing I like is the ability to rename inputs on the receiver's display and from what I can tell in the manuals, the T753 does this but the H/Ks only do this in the remote. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The weight and fans in the T753 do worry me tho. Do I need a forklift? :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us