Is this a good idea???

Bronze Member
Username: Wardle

Brantford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
ok i have two sony 12 inch subs
i know they are brutal
but im buying 2 10inch earthquake subs with a 1900watt amp and the amp is 450$ and the subs are 600$ for both of them. Im thinking of putting all 4 subs in one box with this amp
will this work??? thanks

Ed Sullivan
Unregistered guest
putting 4 woofers into one enclosure can incure problems with sound because an idealy sized box for thos drivers with out know the thiele samll parameters of the drivers would probably be something 20+ cubic feet ported i would suggest seperate enclosure but then agian i am going on the idea this is for home use

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
no this is for my car
what should i do with these sony subs
i really want to get all of them hooked up and the only way i can do this is in serperate enclosures ???
please help me out this is going to be my first system

Ed Sullivan
Unregistered guest
for a car you shold be able to make an enclosure for the 4 drivers in a sealed box if you have the room go for the thiele small parameters and figure out what a sealed box would take but if not id go for something a around 8 cubes or 6 cubes of enclosure and remeber the samaller th enclosure the boomoy its going to sound and hampers performance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
yeah so it wont wreck or anything will it??
i already have the two 12"s in the box and im planning on puttin the two tens on top of the box.
how would i run this
i have a 1900 watt amp
could this power all of them? or would i have to get more

Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 10
alot info is missing, First off the Ohm ratings of the subs, The ohm rating of the amp, and the ohm rating bridged.

What type of amp is it?

What type of car is it going in.

also what are the watt rantings on the subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Fryguy

Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 11
you could always hook them up in a isobaric push-pull configuration to half the required box size of the single driver :-D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us