Marantz vs NAD for Monitor Audio S8

Unregistered guest
Hi

I auditioned Monitor Audio S8s with NAD and they seemed great, though forward. I haven't been able to get the S8s together with a Marantz receiver, but have read some people say they pair well with Monitor Audios. Are the Marantz better than NAD if I am looking for a warm detailed sound? Im thinking of Marantz 8400 and NAD 753. Thanks a lot

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 406
I like the NAD better. Go with the one you like, but more audio lovers tend to go with a NAD.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 506
There are four receiver lines that work very well with MA. They are the two above mentioned names plus H/K and Elite. Audition all if possible and pick the model you like best. You can't lose with any. The only drawback to the NAD models for me is their lack of inputs. H/K is also a bit shy in this department and in the Marantz line only the 8400 and 9300 have enough for me. Sonically I could live very happily with any of them but I prefer the Elite's for their beauty, inputs, and their deep discounts at most all on line dealers. I bought my Elite 45 from a local dealer and got 33% off but I saw the 55txi at Dynaco.com for $899. That's a real bargain on a great receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 389
By the way elitefan, have you done much comparative listening with Elite vs NAD/Marantz? Because while the Elites are sturdy and versatile, I have a feeling they dont have the sound quality of a NAD or Marantz at least not with music. I would like to compare a 53/55 to a 743/753 but it would require a lot of arrangements and I haven't had the will for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 68
I would just point out that the Marantz 8400 should be quite above the NAD T753 in terms of price and power. Marantz sr 8400 has 110 watts into 7 channels (this is a real rating) and the NAD T753 is 70 watts into 6 channels. Between the two I would definitely go with the Marantz but price wise you should be comparing the NAD T773 which has 110 Watts into 7 channels like the Marantz sr8400. I would say get the T773 over the Marantz sr 8400 but it would be a closer call at the T763.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 509
landroval,
I have done some comparisons between Marantz and Elite both with last years and this years models and I like them both so much it's really hard to choose between them. I can assure you that my Elite 45 sounds very good with music paired with my Monitor Audio speakers. I have listened to both receivers with MA's , by the way. Personally I think the Elite's are every bit as good with music as the Marantz. I have not been able to compare the NAD's as well because old NAD dealer quit carrying them due to the problems thay has with the last two model lines and replaced them with Rotel. I do have another dealer who carries NAD and Marantz but they are 50 miles away and since I already have my system the way I want it I don't travel over there as often as I used to. In summary I would say that all three lines are very good and it's a matter of personal preference and features.

Femi
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your comments. Jonathan, I actaully meant the Marantz7400 vs the NAD 753. Between those which would u say is better? Elitefan, I understand its a matter of personal preference at the end but its extremely difficult for me to get someowhere to test them all because of time constraints.

Another question please, I'm looking for a 5 disc DVD changer that also plays music very well. The Marantz vc5400 and the NAD T572 have been recommended for this. Any suggestions please?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Femi, I have the NAD T763 and the Marantz SR5300. They are both very nice. I also tried out an HK amp which I thought sounded good. Right now, if I was buying I would really consider the deal on the HK 7200 really hard to pass up. However, I have heard that the HK is a monster size unit which runs hot so you had better have good ventilation. I might also read up on the new digital receivers in that I am seeing some posts in various forums that are saying the digital receivers are as good as really expensive units. I can't comment on the Pioneer Elite as I have no experience with them. I know the RealEliteFan has been a long time poster with sage advice and I would listen to his comments. Between the Marantz SR7400 and the NAD T753, I would give the advantage to the Marantz. If you go up one step with NAD to the NAD T763, then it is really close and I would probably favor the NAD. Hopes that helps some.

Femi
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot. Got the Sr 7400

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Would love to hear how you like it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Hey Femi, how do you like the SR7400?

Femi
Unregistered guest
Sorry for the silence. I was moving house. The Marantz has been wonderful. NO complaints whatsover. And the 2 room feature is coming in quite handy. Thanks for your comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us