Drool over this receiver!

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 456
Have a look at the new Lexicon RV-8 receiver (and the price tag!).

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=6616

Silver Member
Username: Airforceone

Post Number: 118
WOW. I did a search to find out what that is in US $$. Seems it's around $13,500!! That better be one hell of a good sounding receiver.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Seamus

Post Number: 32
Hey AF1, you've been away a long time. If memory serves me right, last heard, you'd got yourself a NAD 973 and were looking for a pre. How's the experience been ?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1722
I was wondering the same as Seamus, AF1. Good to hear from you.

MyRantz,

Thanks for this reminder of how the other half live. 7 x 140 W; it could double as a room heater.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 380
John A,

Nice to hear from you again, our paths haven't crossed in awhile. I hope all is well!! Wow, what a receiver!! I am just wondering, at that price, why would one not buy separates?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1724
Johnny,

Yes, hi, Johnny! Likewise. Recently I am hanging around more in "DVD-A & SACD" also the last few days on the "Discoveries" thread under "Music", though I still visit "Receivers", "Speakers" etc. from time to time.

I thought the same about separates. You could almost get a Meridian system for that.

Silver Member
Username: Airforceone

Post Number: 119
Seamus
John A
Rantz
Johnny

Hey, what's up guys. Kinda got a reunion going on here. I check in from time to time. Rarely post though, since you guys seem able to hold down the fort. I hang out a lot at AVS...how come you guys don't, or do you??

As far as my 973..still have it. I'm still waiting until fall to pull the trigger on a pre/pro. Lately I've been leaning Anthem AVM-30. To tell the truth, I'm having the time of my life internet browsing different models. I'm glad I didn't jump the gun way back when. So much new coming out.

Anytime I check in and see that one of you guys has posted I read it. So I'm around. To be honest, you guys know more about this stuff than do I so it's best you guys do the posting and I do the reading.:-)

How's you NAD CD player treating you John? My 2900 has begun refusing to play some CD's as of late!!:-( Ah, the joys of home theater.

Oh yeah, is Hawk still around? I didn't know him well, but I don't see his posts around anymore. just curious. Later guys..I'll post a hello more often from now on!

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 459
AF1

Good to hear from you. Thought you might have been busy with your "Pres" duties. (grin)

Recently purchased a 2900 myself and it's just great. I've only encountered a dts problem with D Krall's "Live In Paris" but that can be fixed using the audio button on the remote. But refusing cd's sounds wierd - might be a warranty issue?

When you get your pre/pro and surround set up, you'll have to get into DVD-A and SACD surround audio. The 2900 handles them both extremely well. It's a new audio world!

Cheers!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1727
Great, AF1,

You are part of the reunion!

I am doing fine with the NAD T533 DVD-A/DVD-V/Cd player; enjoy lots of music more, and have also re-discovered LPs since we last exchanged view, I think. I remember your NAD 973 experience: I am running is stereo system with no pre-amp at all it sounds great, and I was reassured yours did not fry, after all...

There is a thread "discoveries" where some of the guys from last year are now writing about the music/recordings they like, including Sem. I have not noticed a post by Hawk, anywhere, for a while; but we could just be in different parts of the forum.

My Rantz here is now a regular sparring partner for me. I like the ANZAC alliance, always did.... there are some dry wits posting good sense from S. Africa, too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1734
AIRFORCE,

Several guys have the Denon 2900 are all seem to recommend it. There was at least one report of it not accepting some CDs, from "Adam" in Copenhagen. Some posts are on
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?1/17140

As regards My Rantz's original post, I have another copy of HiFi News (August) which mentions the Lexicon RV-8. It has some nice reviews. e.g. "Mid-range" Tannoy speakers at £4000 a pair.

It always strikes me, reading these mags, that a lot of people have enough money to be able to take a risk in that sort of price range, then not worry too much if they don't like the product; they just buy something else. What that may mean is that companies who make a product that gives long-term satisfaction end up selling less of it. I do not understand modern-world economics; consumers seem to have less real choice, today, than when there were fewer competing brands. Or is this perception just a sign of getting older...?!

Probably the people who post here, and who may agonize for months before spending say $500 - $1,000, just have to come to terms with the freedom some other poeple have to make mistakes. I've never thought of myself as materialistic, but it does seem, increasingly, that generous quantities of disposable income can help one to lead a stress-free life...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us