Thin Sound - is CD/DVD to blame?

Username: Wryter

Naples, FL US

Post Number: 2
So here I am, with new Polk RTi6 speakers and new Onkyo 701 receiver, Blue Jeans cables, and what I thought was a great DVD/CD player - the JVC XV-N55SL. The speakers sound tinny, flat and somehow muffled - especially when I play CDs. The JVC pic on TV is great - and FM broadcasts sound fine. So - is my "great" JVC not so great after all? Think maybe a better player is called for.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumsuck

St. johns, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 31
Definately. JVC isn't really any better or worse than any other Japanese consumer product, but it's definately the weak link in your system. You'd be much better off with a player by Cambridge Audio, Arcam, Rotel, or NAD.

Larry R
Unregistered guest
Sigh - that's what I was afraid of, Brad. As it is, in order to get anywhere "natural" sound from most of my CDs I have to boost bass by 4 db and attenuate treble by 4 db - hardly "perfect, but it allows me to play music without my ears hurting! Thank you!

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Take your JVC to a good high end audio store and let them compare that unit to what they sell and find out the difference a better player can make. You may be in better shape than you think and can salvage the JVC for DVD playback at least. Stay away from Best Buy and their similar competitors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us