Ok heres a real mystery

Bronze Member
Username: Kaspermerlin

Post Number: 15
last week i ordered a open box, Klipsch XW-300d Subwoofer from a well known online retailer. it is scheduled to be delivered monday. ok this is where it starts getting weird. this sub weighs 24 lbs. without the box. i looked up the tracking number and the weight is listed as 54 lbs. okay uh? that means the box weighs 30 lbs., 6 lbs. more than the sub. just for ha ha's i called customer service and verified the tracking info was correct. including the weight. they said it was correct, so i left it at that. but its still bugging me. so i did a little investigating of my own. this is what i found out.. the sub i had ordered is 24 lbs. and has a 8 in. woofer and a 270 watt rms amp. but,, the next size up, the xw-500d is 48 lbs. has a 10 in. woofer and has a 500 watt rms amp. and it also considerably more money. gee i wonder,, hmmmm. all i can think of is sargent shultz from hogans heroes. I SEE NOTHING-- I HEAR NOTHING. lets see what monday brings, it should be interesting, ya think??

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1474
Yeah, let us know ok? If they didn't accidently send you the 10"/500 watt model, I'd really like to know what they packed it in. It takes a whole bunch of styrofoam to make even one pound. Should be interesting.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2408
You'll know if the box is too big to fit in thru the front door.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaspermerlin

Post Number: 17
it was the wx-300d packed in a huge box. thats ok because the 300d is still an awesome sub.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1487
Ok, thanks for filling us in, but what did they pack it in? Gel packs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us