Marantz SR-5200 receiver has a problem with fluctuating volume??????

Username: Yemyumph

Post Number: 1
I have little technical knowledge of stereo equipment so bare with me.

I've had this receiver for 8 years and have had no problems. Now, suddenly, I'm having a problem with the volume fluctuating louder and softer without any rationale explanation. This seems to happen with all of the components (TV, Blueray, CD, etc).

Is there a specific problem that this would point to?? Is there a way to do some sort of "hard reset" in case something has gotten out of wack with the internal board? I've already tried simply unplugging and leaving it for a while and plugging back in. The problem seems to come and go a bit, but tonight it was coming back strong.

Any suggestions? Am I completely missing the boat and this is really a problem with speakers? I wouldn't think so, as the fluctuation seems consistent from left to right.

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1451
You might want to have a qualified tech look at it. Most HT receivers are good for about 5 yrs. So you got 3 extra yrs out of it. It's time to replace the receiver. If you can afford high end (an integrated amp or seperates) instead of another receiver, this would be the way to go. Are there any independent high end retailers near you?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2384
see my guess in receivers section:
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us