RDS capable FM receivers here in the US?

Username: Harhir

Post Number: 1
Hi all

I have a question in regards to RDS capable receivers for the US. I am currently looking to replace my 15 year old stereo with a new receiver. Possible a combination of receiver and home theater.
And since I am listing to radio a lot a good or excellent FM is a must and a killer criteria for me.
However most of the FM tuners I have seen so far are pretty simple or even crappy. And so far I have not seen a single receiver with RDS here in the US. My 4 year old US car stereo has one and since more and more radio stations in Dallas are using RDS I would like to get one in a home unit as well.
Two other requirements are: No loss of memory (programmed/preset stations) after power outage and a good manual tuning capability where it is possible to jump to the next strong signal/station and not just another 0.1 MHZ.

Thanks for any help in advance
Stefan

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 377
Stefan,

You say you are looking for a receiver? What type? Are you looking just for a radio tuner, a stereo receiver, or a surround sound receiver? As far as I know, all of NAD's current tuners and receivers have RDS capability. IF you are just looking for a tuner, check out the NAD C422.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us