Pioneer Elite 55-txi Problem

Username: Jeff_morrell

Post Number: 2
I bought the Pioneer 55-txi (Based on input from this forum). Matched with the 910 HD Plasma and the 59-avi DVD player (Incredible picture). However, I fell in love with the PSB platinum speakers and the L,R,& C are all rated at 4 ohms with the rears at 8 ohms. The Pioneer Elite rated at 100w per channel at 8 ohms states in their manual that driving anything less than 6 ohms is a problem. Not happy if this true. Do I need a 5-Channel AMP to recover from this mess? Need Help.

Bronze Member
Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 11
What you have to try is set the Ohm to 6 and not 8, I use Definitive Technology speakers and they are rated 4 to 8 ohm, but they work the best at 6 ohm when I use my Pioneer Elite 43TX.
Also I think my receiver and maybe even yours is more in 6 ohm, but that's just my idea, cause in 8 ohm my stuff sound like crap.
Also find out how low in frequency your speakers can go. My front's can reach 22 hertz which is lower then some subs outhere. I also set the front, center to Large.
That makes it sound better too
If you need some help e-mail me

Bye

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 354
They always warn you about possible problems with low impedance speakers, but in most cases there are no problems. The 55i was measured 5x105W to 8ohms and 5x145W to 4ohms so at least it's capable of delivering the power. Try it out, and if it works, does not shut down or overheat, you have no problem. If you have just a 5.1 system you can try to bi-amp the fronts with the surround-back amps and see if it helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Littleyama

Post Number: 15
I have a Elite 55 receiver. I have a stand alone CD recorder hooked up to it. With the rec. in "phono/stereo", when I lower the vol. on the receiver the recording levels on the recorder are lowered as well. When I raise the vol. (on the receiver) recording levels on the recorder raise up also. This does not happen in "phono/direct. I would like to know why this happens? Elitefan,Berny, ( or anyone else) can you help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us