Surrounds for LSi9s

Bronze Member
Username: Cornboy

Post Number: 11
I just bought a pair of Polk LSi9 speakers for my front speakers and would like to get opinions on what to get for my surrounds. My choices are LSi9s, LSi7s or LSif/xs. I am a 60/40 music/movie listener and am probably leaning towards the 9s or 7s since they are direct radiating which is becoming more and more preferrable. Thanks for your input.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 483
cornboy,
If you are listening to music,especially concert dvd's then I would go with the 7's. I changed my system last year partly because I wanted direct radiators for my surrounds for music and it was just time for a change. How do you like the 9's and what are you driving them with? Unfortunately in my area there is nowhere to hear these Polk's.

Bronze Member
Username: Cornboy

Post Number: 12
therealelitefan,
I'm driving them with an NAD 763. I auditioned the Dynaudio 52SE, Paradigm 40, NHT M5, and B&W CM series. For a bookshelf speaker, the 9s are tough to beat at their price point IMO. I also like the way they look in cherry/gloss black. I got a great deal that I couldn't turn down. I know some people knock Polk for their "East Coast sound," or for just being "speaker assemblers (like most)" but I think the value in the LSi series rocks. I'm not someone who can afford to drop 3 grand on speakers every day so I did some serious research and comparison shopping. I'm lucky to live in a major US metro area (Philly) where I can audition just about any speaker or amp sold in the US. On a non technically note, Polk's customer service is outstanding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us