Pioneer Elite 53 plus NAD c272

RMinter
Unregistered guest
Hello All,
I own a PE VSX 53 and I am looking to add a Power Amp NAD C272 for the fronts for music. The question is...the PE is rated at 100 W X 2 in stereo mode and the NAD is rated @ 150 W X 2...Will this be a problem ?

BTW... Have Polk Speakers RTi12 (Not very many reviews of Polks in this forum but IMHO very decent speakers)
Overall Frequency Response 18Hz-27kHz
Lower -3dB Limit 30Hz
Upper -3dB Limit 26kHz
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Recommended Amplifier Power 50-500 w/channel
Efficiency 90 dB
Crossover
(mid-high array) 1.8kHz, 12dB/octave low and high pass. 120Hz 12dB/octave high pass
Crossover
(subwoofer) 120Hz, 12dB/octave low pass
Inputs Dual (bi-amp) gold plated 5-way binding posts.

Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 346
No, no problem with the nominally different power. BTW did you try to biamp your front speakers with the 53 or do you have a 7.1 setup?

RMinter
Unregistered guest
no, I did not biamp, I have a 5.1 Set up. Should I Biamp?

Thank you for your help

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
Try it to see if it helps.

RMinter
Unregistered guest
Ok SO, you run two sets of cables from the right & left front outs from the P.E. and connect one to the low frequency post on the speakers and the other one to the high freq?
(I have never done any bi-amp or bi-wire)

Thanks a lot

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
Nope, what you said would be bi-wire, bi-amp is different. The 53 has an option to use the additional surround back amps to biamp the fronts with the normal front channel amps. This way the 6th and 7th channel wont be unused and you migth gain better sound quality and/or more power. Look for "front bi-amp" from the manual.

RMinter
Unregistered guest
landroval,

I did the bi-amp using the surr back, when I do this the S.B. Speakers are set to play as "B" while the main system (5.1) remains as "A".
Then I tried to play a CD but when I chose A+B Speakers the receiver went into protect mode......Any ideas ?

Thanks again

RMinter
Unregistered guest
Forgot to mention that either "A" or "B" by themselves played fine.
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
Did you read the manual? set the SB-speakers as front-bi-amp? remove the bridges from between the binding posts at the speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Harbolt

Arlington, TX U.S.

Post Number: 62
I have read the VSX-53 manual and do not see anything in there about bi-amping or anything that refers to that.

Brent

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
You're rigth. The 53 manual seems not to have anything about front bi-amp. I've been reading the manual of the euro version AX3 and there's front bi-amp at page ~70.

I dont know if the A&B setting would work because the manual says it will downmix multichannel to stereo to the B-speakers. Although it should not go to protect mode even with A+B. Did you remove the bridges between the binding posts at the speakers?

Sorry, I didn't know there were such differences between the euro and us models.

RMinter
Unregistered guest
Landroval,
do not worry, I do appreciate that you tried to help me. I have removed the binding posts and decided to bi-wire only. Maybe is just me but I think it improved the sound a bit.
I have ordered the NAD C270 (not the 272) and should arrive on Monday. Now I just need to decide which interconnects to buy...maybe silver serpent ...we'll see.

Thanks !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us