Amplifier for Canton Vento 870

Username: Kompas

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Sorry for being an idiot, first
So I have this weird situation. I bought these speakers "Canton Vento 870 DC" as a present to my father because I got them really cheap in comparison to what they cost normally.

At that time I did not think about all of this things I get to read in this forum now (sensitivity, power, ...) because the guy who sold it to me was kind of hitting on me and he told me to just buy a Denon with an output of 50W that was there on the shelf.
So I come here and I see that the situation is very very different.

Could you please help me identify what kind of amplifier do I need to buy? I can't really spend something like 1000 USD. I can tell you my father listens to some kind of world music, ethno, and jazz occasionally.

Is there any way out of this or should I tell my father to go beat up the guy in the store? ;)

Thanks,
K.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16062

Do you have any return priviledges with the Canton's? How long have you owned them? Is there anything on your receipt stating "sold as is" or "no returns"?

Post Number: 2
No, I don't think I can return them. Would it be necessary?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16063

I don't know. How willing is your dad to go beat the guy up? Do you think he could?

How do you know you need something other than what the guy at the store suggested? Have you played the speakers? How'd they sound to your father? What amplifier was he using?

Silver Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 211
im just a little curious on why this dealer deserves to be " beat up" because he suggested somthing that he thought would work with the speakers?

Post Number: 3
Come on, my dad is 67. It was a joke.

Post Number: 4
So I made a deal with the store and I'm returning them tomorow. I think I will go for a gift vaucher instead. Thanks anyway, guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us