Advice on Cartridges, Please

Username: Ls1208

Post Number: 1
Hi there,

I bought a used Technics SL-B210 TT on eBay awhile ago. It came with an Audio Technica 1001 cartridge that I never bothered replacing, but I'd like to upgrade now. I use my TT somewhat often to play mostly used rock and pop records. Although I'm restricting myself to pretty much exclusively low-end equipment for the time being, sound (and music) is still tremendously important to me and I'd like to get the best cartridge I can in my price range. I don't have a really strict budget, but would prefer not to pay more than $100-150.

Basically, I don't really know where to begin figuring out which cartridge would be best for me. I've seen people recommend the Grado Prestige line, but have also noted a lot of complaints that made me feel insecure about just blindly ordering one. Can anyone give me suggestions, or at least point me to another website with advice on buying cartridges? (I need a p-mount.)

Thanks!

Username: Paintr1022

Post Number: 1
i sold high end home audio for years in the 70's. my coice was audio technica. i just looked on joesoldaudio.com and found several audio technica cartriges for sale.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us