PMC FB1i's

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 100
I have a new pair of the PMC FB1i's and was just curious as to what speaker cables you are using with them? Feel free to throw out any suggestions to try with them. I do have a set of Morrow SP1's to try but I am looking for any other suggestions. The rest of my system is the source is a Bryston BCD-1, the amp is an Esoteric AI-10, and the listening will be strictly 2 channel. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16033

Wow! Say, what's your favorite day of the year?

If only cables were that simple a question. You've asked for something no one can provide. In my own opinion, you should try some very inexpensive cables. Go to diycables or the like and see what they are suggesting for cheap. The Home Depot orange and black extension cables are still one of the best values in a cable that anyone can invest in.

Go against the grain of the average audiophile approved garden hose and head in the opposite direction. As I recall the PMC's are a relatively easy load on an amp and don't require 08AWG cable to supply amperage - actually, I don't know of a speaker that really requires 08AWG cable. I prefer solid core to stranded cables but that's my preference and my system is far from average.

Depending on your cable budget you'll find more to offer in the very top teir of cables but IMO you need to establish the basis for comparison by trying a "cheapo" cable beforehand. I'd give the Mapleshade cables some consideration as they tend toward agreement with most of my thoughts on how cables should be designed and what they should and shouldn't be doing; http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us