Yamaha R V1105

Username: Breckrider

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 8
It had been randomly turning off for a couple of months but I could always turn it back on until today. It turned off and now it just clicks when I hit the power button on the remote. The button on the receiver has been broken for years. It tries to turn on but just won't.

Suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15941

Buy a new receiver.

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 10
Any suggestions on brands for an AV receiver? I am running my DVD, tivo and cable through it to get surround.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15987

NAD, Rotel, Cambridge, and Outlaw all make two channel audio products. Their HT components tend to be higher quality than I would expect to see from a Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, Sony, etc.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14144
I think the best made AVR at present is Marantz. They are well designed and meticulously laid out.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15988

Add Harman Kardon (HK) to the list. They've been around since the '50's and remain under good control as a company. They are the parent company to many high end, audiophile approved companies who sell to the two channel crowd and their asociations with these companies trickles down into the quality of their receivers. Their products are always innovative without being frivolous. They tend to offer fewer watts per dollar but their receivers also tend to produce more useable wattage into a real world loudspeaker than the products with which they compete. HK is relatively easy to find in most larger cities as they have inhabited both the big box and the independent audio shops for decades. Not much flash but good, solid, dependable equipment that has a reputation for value and reliability.

Bronze Member

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 13
I'll look at all of the above. Price is something I have to be aware of. I don't have a lot of extra cash laying around right now.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15996

Then you should be investing in a product which is a good long term value rather than just buying a bargain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us