Rotel RCD-855 remote control issue

Username: Abn1701

Post Number: 1
Hi!
I was given with this cd player , but the remote was missed.So I bought a Harmony 300 remote control ,but can't operate the device.
In the cd player display appears the message "remote" ,is it ok?.
Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15653
Have you updated the remote from the Harmony site?

Without owning one myself, I seem to recall a search function there to capture just about any device codes.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15686

When did the message appear in the CD player's screen? If it was there when you first fired up the player, then it's quite possible there's a problem with the unit. Does the message change when you insert a disc? A Rotel dealer could probably give you some idea whether you have a real problem or whether the unit is locked in a position that requires a functioning remote to undo. Given the age of the unit though possibly not as most audio salespeople won't know much about this specific unit or even the series it came from. If you have no local Rotel dealer, try contacting Rotel service; http://www.rotel.com/NA/Contact.htm

As Nuck suggests, update the remote at the Logitech site to make certain you have the appropriate Rotel codes installed. Most companies have several possible remote codes and given the age of this CD player, the remote might be missing the correct set. Even then, you oftentimes have to try several sets of codes to get the correct group to control a device. Even though the remote manufacturer says this code operates Rotel and it may perform a few basic functions, you might have to do some searching and trying a few different codes to get the right one.

And, of course, given the near twenty years of age on this player you might not want to spend a lot of time or money on it. Does the player operate without the remote? If so and you're in need of a decent player, then that might be all you want as most basic functions can be performed at the front panel of the player.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us