Volume control?


Bronze Member
Username: Eggcream

Post Number: 28
Registered: Jun-10
First off I'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate section for my question -

I've replaced some speakers in a cabinet I've got and am no longer using the tweeters above the speakers. I'd like to remove them and put in a volume control. I've got 2 floor standing speakers hooked up to a car amp I've got powered inside. What would I need to get a volume control working? Is it something that could be wired between the speakers and amp? If so, how would I do that, where could I buy the volume control unit itself?

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 795
Registered: Oct-10
You're not using any tweeters? You're going to need something to handle the highs!

You need to get rid of the car amp. Depending on your budget and other considerations, you need either a HOME stereo receiver, an integrated amp or a seperate preamp and power amp. What are you using for your source(s)?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15646
Registered: May-04

Any audio store that sells home theater will typically be selling home automation/whole house audio products. This will include in wall volume controls. If you're not near any such store, try this; control&SEARCHFILTER=in%20wall%20volume%20control&WEBPAGE_ID=3&SEARCH_TYPE=main& srchDesc=in%20wall%20volume%20control

PartsExpress or any competent salesperson in a good audio shop should be able to guide you towards the right component part for your installation.

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us