Bose 131 Marine Speaker + Bose Lifestyle Stereo Amp

Username: Man_on_crete

Post Number: 1
Kala Mera from Crete,

Bose 131 Marine Speaker + Bose Lifestyle Stereo Amp

I recently bought the above system i.e. speakers + amp. It has a UK plug on the power lead and does not have the choice of 115 / 240v on the Amp. I'm led to believe the system is about 2 or 3 years old but since it came in it's original packing and was still in cellophane etc it's brand new. You can still buy it from Bose outlets.

The system came with two Bose Marine speakers which I've located under my pergola here on Crete.

My aim was to connect my Bang & Olufson MP3 player directly to the Amp and play the tunes through the speakers. The Bose Amp box contained a lead with connections for a red and white plug - clearly marked - and also a jack plug. There is also a 8 prong plug which, from the looks of the manual, should plug into a Bose music centre.

Because I don't have the music centre is there a lead I can buy which will allow me to plug the MP3 directly into the Amp or is this just wishful thinking on my part? The jack plug on the above described Bose lead does fit my MP3 player but when plugged in and turned on there is no sound. From the look of the diagram on the manual the jack lead should fit into the back of the Amp and the 8 prong lead should really fit my MP3 player which is obviously impossible since it's meant for the Bose music centre which I don't have.

The speakers are correctly attached, there is power so I'm assuming I need some other lead or, bad news, it's not possible to run a MP3 player directly through the Bose Amp to power the speakers.

Any help would be much appreciated

Jon
Man on Crete
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us