Help with a problem

Username: Djejenkins

Post Number: 1
Sorry, I'm not too good at this stuff..

I bought a house that was prewired for sound, 2 speakers in living and separate ones in bedroom. Plus two wall volume controls and a connection to the tv. But the job wasn't completed bc i bought a house that the deal fell through on. So anyway, i'm trying to get my speakers working myself.

I got a receiver and hooked it to the speakers, but I also need to tie off the volume controls (until i can afford some). So, I wired it and it works, until i crank the volume then surge and protect kicks in on receiver.

So, am i wiring it wrong? or some other problem? to tie the volume controls off ?

please help

Post Number: 2
oh yeah. tying it off now with wire nuts

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15277

What sort of receiver do you have and how many speaker pairs are you trying to connect at one time?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15422
Can you tell the model of VC that you have?

Post Number: 3
there is no volume control, just the wires for one. i wanted to tie off the wires for now until i can afford the controls...

I have a Sony receiver, model s100 or something like that (pretty basic receiver with a and b speaker wire connections and all the standard audio inputs)

There are two sets of speakers for each volume control (the two in the living and the two in the master). So the wires i need to tie off are the two sets of speakers plus the red-black-green-white that goes to the volume control (8 total wires, 2 sets of r-b, then a cluster with red-black-green-white)

thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us