The 12 Most Significant Loudspeakers of All Time...

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 3383
http://www.avguide.com/review/the-12-most-significant-loudspeakers-all-time-tas- 205

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 3387
Bump ;)

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13248
I think it's a fine primer for those interested in loudspeakers. Not everyone will agree with this article and the choices they have made but it's it's still an interesting discussion for those who are just getting interested in HiFi. I read it when it first came out on hard copy.

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 703
I still love my Rogers after all the years and different sets. I use them with a monster HsU sub for the vinyl (and fm when I am being lazy).
They sounded great with amps from Haffler, Onyx, HK, Rotel and Rega.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4298
The used record store I shop at all the time has the Dahlquist. I always thought they sounded pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Aurora, Colorado United States

Post Number: 2231
I agree with most of that list,but i dont agree with the Magico's and the MBL's not really the Infinity IRS either,their should have been a place for the Celestions 700's they were 1 of the 1st speakers to use metal drivers,the Ohm Walsh F the originator of the omni sound,Wharfedale Diamonds they built on the legacy of european budget legends like the Kefs,Missions,and the Celestions,Epos ES14's,and the PSB Alpha's they were this side of the ponds Wharfedales that carried over the great performance of the Advents,KLH,AR,and Boston Accoustics small boxes.The Mini Maggico hasnt done anything any different than anything else out there,especially when many speakers like the Dynaudio C1's for much cheaper sound just as good if not better.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2244
My Dad had the AR when I was growing up. Could be AR3 but I would have to see when they were manufactured to make sure that is possible! I wanted Klipschorns then and own them now, so that's 2 out of 12 for me.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Aurora, Colorado United States

Post Number: 2237
I saw a mint pair of AR3's in a pawshop about a year ago,but they wanted to much for them,my dad was gonna by them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us