Wharfedale EVO2-8 versus EVO2-10

Username: Nainital

Post Number: 3
Hello!

I am planning on the following for my home theater. My video & audio usage is 50-50.

1. Pioneer VSX-1020 Receiver (I was contemplating Marantz SR7002, but will go with Pioneer)
2. Panasonic DMP-BD85 Blue Ray player
3. Wharfedale EVO2-8 or EVO2-10 for front speakers
4. Wharfedale 9.CM for Center Channels
5. Wharfedale 9.0 (4 of them) for surround
6. Wharfedale SW250 (Great price for silver at TSTO)

How does the Wharfedale match with Pioneer AV Receiver?
I have read many threads on the EVO2-8 versus 10 in this forum.
Is EVO2-10 worth the additional money? Can I use them with 9.0 diamonds? Is there a suggestion EVO2 speaker stands?

Thanks so much in advance!

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 860
I'd say thing from Wharfedale is a rather..rookie choice and soon enough you'll want to change them.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1586
Lots of people on here like wharfedale speakers...especially that series.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 3360
Take it from this "Rookie", dollar for dollar, Wharfedale, from bottom to top, builds some of the best speakers on Earth. The Diamond 10 Series has received universal accolades, and I can personally vouch for the EVO2-10, one of the top bookshelf speakers in the sub-$500/pr. category, and are competitive with speakers up to several hundred dollars more.

If you haven't pulled the trigger on the Pioneer, I would strongly suggest reconsidering the Marantz, a personal favorite of mine, which will outperform the Pioneer at just about everything, but especially 2-channel music.

Silver Member
Username: Boulderdashcci

Canton, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 183
Marantz + Wharfedale sounds great to this rookie as well. Not making any changes any time soon.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 861
Hehe I knew this would create some stir.

Username: Nainital

Post Number: 4
I haven't pulled the trigger on anythings yet. I bought a pair of Wharfedale 9.2 for another home theater setup, and try it out.

I was a little turned off by the "pop-of-death" problems discussed on AVSforum about the Marantz player. I am considering Marantz SR7002. How stable is this unit?

Also can I use Wharfedale 9 CM for Center and 9.0 for surround together with EVO2-10 for front speakers?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Aurora, Colorado United States

Post Number: 2242
Im the original Wharfie on here,I think dollar for dollar they are 1 of the very best the Evo8 performs far far above its price,the Opus2 M-2 a 3 way monitor from them priced at $1299 msrp $2599 from wildwestelectronis will challange the very best monitors in the world regardless of cost,i think its best you do your homework,you certainly can spend a lot more and get a whole lot less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us