Bose Lifestyle 18-II (Sams Club One) Please Help

Username: Makes1

Post Number: 1
Have had this system for about 6 years. Actually tore all sheetrock out my room to prewire for this system. Came home one day and the sound just will not work. The DVD Player will play a DVD but no sound. Took these steps, I put a tester on the power cord to sub and was getting power. Then did the standard reset of unplugging everything and reset it. Pluged and unpluged the cable going from the bass booster to the control unit. and by the way none of the lights work on the unit. I can send back to Bose for $165 but it would cost me $40 to send it and get it back on top of that, just dont know if it is worth it. Have a cabin on Pickwick Lake and bought a very cheap $299 JVC home theater system for up there and it has always worked and sounded 3 times better than the Bosethat I gave 4 times as much for. Anybody got any ideas of what to check next? Is there a fuse? Thanks . This is a great forum

Username: Makes1

Post Number: 3
Correction, The Lights on the unit DO Work

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14824
M.A Kelly

I bought a RCA 5.1 system with a DVD built-in then recently I bought a Yamaha 7.1 that I used the same speakers but the RCA sound much better than the Yamaha receiver for twice of price.

Yes a fuse can be blowed, try the Bose with only one speaker at time ans see if the sound is back and which channel put the receiver in trouble.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us