Possible to hookup cd player w/speakers to TV?

Username: Luckyz17

Post Number: 1
hey guys ive got this older cd player with 2 decent speakers that hookup to it, in the back it has a red and white AUX inputs, and was wondering if i can use that to listen to my TV somehow and to play videogames with better sound?

The tv i have is kind of old, but not too old, heres a link to its specs
http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/samsung-hls5087w.html

any help would be awesome.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4273
You're going to need some sort of receiver or amplifier to drive the speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2418
Depends David.

If Lukse has a small office system where you have a CD player, usually a tuner, an AUX in and out and two speakers like the JVC one I have had for a dozen or so years.

Since the speakers connect to the CD player I suspect that is what Lukse has or some variation of it.

To hook up your TV use the TV's Line Out, probably a red and white RCA output, which should be labeled on the back of the TV set. Plug a pair of RCAs wires between the Line Out of the TV and the AUX in of the CD player. If there is a menu setting to kill the TV speakers you may want to use that and make the line out non-variable. That way the CD player will control the volume levels and not have the echoing of the TV speakers on the mid-range.

If there is no line out on the TV then you need to go to the audio / video source such as a cable box, DVD player, or game console and use the RCA outs from the individual source and connnect the RCA wires from them to the CD player bypassing the TV altogether with the audio portion of the source.

Come back for more information if this does not make sense or if I missed the mark on what you are working with.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4274
So the CD player has speaker outputs on the back?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2419
Mine does. Lukse said his does too.

Username: Luckyz17

Post Number: 2
Ok cool, and yeah it says Aux in, and then 2 speaker inputs on the back, its an old 3 disc changer. And my tv i believe does have white and rad outputs on it as well. gonna have to find some cables laying around.

thanks =D

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15403
Lukse, be very careful to read the back panel, or a manual, to be sure of inputs and outputs! There are no speaker inputs, for example.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us