Cheap but nice shelf system

Username: Manther

Post Number: 1
Not a big audio-holic, but huge music fan. Want to put together my own smart combination of inexpensive components to make a nice sounding shelf system.

I have too many hobbies, and just don't have a ton of time to spend researching audio stuff to put together this system.

Was hoping to find a decent forum and see if a couple people who knew what they were talking about could give me a no-brainer "buy speakers X, and receiver Y..." Etc.

Just have two real requirements:

Want to be able to feed audio in from my iphone

And want to be able to accept audio from my sharp aquious tv.

Doesn't have to be super loud. Would like a clear room filling sound. Hoping to get this done for <$500.

If I'm in the wrong place just let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 308
Wow! I wish I'd seen this sooner! You may want to try the sony STR-DH100. It's a 90 watt per chan stereo receiver with decent sound. Sony also makes decent shelf and floor speakers. My concern is that you may not be satisfied with a <$500 system. You may want to buy a receiver like the Denon DRA-397 or similar Harmon Kardon and get speakers later. You don't have to buy it all at once. Go cheap on the iPod dock, get a Dynex for about $60, then upgrade the cable using Rockfish.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us