Car sub and amp on computer

Username: Daveyboy

Post Number: 1
Hi all. Ive been reading up about connecting my car sub to my computer. it was all going well, i got a power to the amp and it all wired up but then the sub wasnt recieving signal from the computer. could it be a dodgy wire or something on the computer that i havnt changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated,.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23240
Just exactly how did you connect your car sub to your computer? Inquiring minds want to know lol.

Post Number: 2
I bought a computer power supply and cut a few of the 12V (yellow) wires that came out of it and put them together into the power side of the amp and did the same with the black wires into the ground port. I then used a RCA to 3.5mm jack from the sub out on the back of the comp into the input of the amp. The amp gets power but its not giving signal to the sub for some reason. Any ideas why this aint working anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 243
maybe your sub out isn't working or set up. try hooking it into the headphone jack or something that is for sure putting out sound as a test. and check your gains on the amp and such if they're turned all the way down or not. if they're all the way down no sound will produce obviously.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1511
And if when you get it working, all the GAINS are UP, you'll get a big nasty surprise!

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1028
whats the amps power and how many watts does your computer p/s put out? The average pc only eats up 300 to 400 watts. You probally have a around an 800 watt p/s correct?

Most likely the power supply only is giving out enough power to make the lights on the amp work but not power the sub.

Need some more details on this sh.it dude

Post Number: 3
its a 500 watt power supply (ATX-500)
and this is the amp im using: http://www0.epinions.com/specs/Kicker_2_Channel_Stereo_Amplifier_02KX4002__Ampli fiers_02KX4002
so it should be fine. i grouped 5 of the yellow power wires from the power supply into the amp and still not working.
any ideas??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us