Ipod shuffle to home surround sound problem! NEED HELP PLEASE!

Username: Coach_k

Post Number: 1
I desparately need some help!!! I just bought a RCA surround sound system and an Ipod shuffle to install into a middle school weightroom. I downloaded about 20 songs from Itunes, and everything worked like a charm while I listened throught the ear pieces. I then plugged the ipod shuffle into the USB port located on the front of the new stereo. It sounds great but the stereo will only play 3 songs (the same 3 songs) and then it stops. It's as if the stereo is reading that the shuffle only has 3 songs instead of 20. I've tried absolutely everything AND NOTHING AS WORKED? Any advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14955

Call a dedicated Apple retailer.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1287
If you plugged the 'pod into the USB port, you were using the long skinny connector that came with the 'pod, right?
Try a mini plug to RCA splitter and run to an input on the stereo.
The 'pod may be trying to sync and doesn't see a proper connection.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14958

Shouldn't that be in the ipod's settings menu?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1290
Don't know. I've never accessed such a menu if it exists. The 'pod 'bonds' with a computer....'Sync' when you plug it in it will start I-Tunes and update the 'pod. I have that part of it disabled in the 'preferences' panel of my Mac.
What got me thinking about this was trying to charge an Ipod while NOT using a computer. I have a car cigarette lighter plug with a USB on it. Output is 5v. 'Pod won't charge because it wants to see some resistance between the data lines and ground....or some such. My BlueTooth headset charges fine from that setup. Likewise, my 'Pod won't charge from a USB output on a computer, for the same reason. In that case I think the 'Pod wants to see its home computer and start I-Tunes...which my laptop lacks. I just wanted to use it as a charger. My BlueTooth headset charges fine from my computer or laptop USB plug....don't need the cigarette lighter plug.

I think the no-play issue is related. Best solution would be to use the headphone output to a splitter and RCA 'ins'.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14965

Except the shuffle's DAC is not that good.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1293
considering the RCA system and the use in a workout or weight training environment, I'd judge the DAC quality issue won't be the limit. Too much grunting and clanking of weight stacks!

'pod tunes, even at MP3-160 should be OK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us