Pre amps


New member
Username: Nadnad

Post Number: 1
Registered: Jun-10
I am hoping to purchase a wireless microphone which would normally go through a mixing desk, we don't have a mixing desk but do have an amp. As a result of that we've been told to use a pre-amp. Can you tell me what that is?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14940
Registered: May-04

A "pre amp" can also be called a "control amp". Depending on its function a pre amp allows the signal to be routed to another component, your microphone to your amplifier. Also, depending on the source being fed into the pre amp - in this case your microphone, it might have some "gain" applied to the signal to step up the microvolt output of the microphone to a more acceptable level for the amplifier's input.;_ylt=A0oGdHLPpihMd8MASfZXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&fr=slv8-hp tb5&p=microphone+preamp&SpellState=n-469804575_q-8xXoCII%2Fmjdv0w%2FbIuu0CgAAAA% 40%40&fr2=sp-top

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us