Denon or Pioneer Elite?

Username: Blair387

Post Number: 6
Hey everyone,

I've been doing tons and tons of research of speakers and receivers and such for the past year. It's a slow process but I'm slowly piecing everything together. I currently have paradigm monitor 9 for my fronts, and plan on getting the cc-390 center and adp-390 surrounds. Anyways I currently don't have a receiver yet, but have been doing tons of research, I just need some opinions.

For the most part I have been doing tons of research and reading reviews for the pioneer elite sc-25/sc-27 and have been hearing great things about them. I hear pioneer is really accurate according to their claimed power ratings, and being one of the only few receivers to feature a class D amp, they are supposed to be much more efficient and run a lot cooler. But they only thing I'm torn on is that I have read that they don't have any kind of video processing, except for analog signals?

So recently I started reading about the denon 4310ci. Reviews have been really good as well and it's supposed to have a really good video processor/ upconverter. I've tried reading forums trying to compare the two, but it seems to be about 50/50 between the two brands. A lot of people prefer denon's audyssey vs pioneer's mcacc setup.

So my question for everyone is, if anyone has had any experience with either of these, any advice would be great. And what do you think would have a better sound with my paradigm monitor speakers? Also, the price between these is pretty close to the same, so that's no issue there.

Thanks for your help.

Read more: Denon or Pioneer Elite? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us