What is the best option within the $300 range?

Username: Mrgump

NYC, NY USA

Post Number: 1
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am currently looking to buy the Studiophile Bx5a Deluxe and they are $300. I have not found a better price so far.

Does anyone have a better choice in that price range?

Thank you.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14920

It always seems so difficult to scroll ...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/535728.html

NYC, NY USA

Post Number: 2
I'm really looking more for opinions than deals

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1485
I know you are looking for opinions, but me telling you that 'x' speaker is the best within a certain price range really is not going to do you any good for one reason. All it will do is provide you with a speaker that i personally feel will be the best. We all have our biases on what we like.

What if I like a super bloated, muddy sound with no resolution what so ever?

My point is simply that what I may like, you may hate.

We also need a little more insight on what you plan on listening to, and what your listening habits are. Furthermore, we do not know what you intend to pair your speakers with. So I can tell you that I like a pair of certain speakers, but you can pair those with the wrong system and it will not sound very appealing.

NYC, NY USA

Post Number: 3
Excellent points, Gavin, I thank you for that.

I am starting school as an audio engineer and I need speakers for my projects. I assume they will all vary from project to project.

I don't listen to much rap/hiphop, more techno type stuff. I like clear sounding speakers that aren't "super bloated and muddy". I want speakers that are precise, ya know? Good vocals and stuff. Can you give me some recommendations that are on parr with the Studiophile Bx5a?

As for my setup, I can only say that I use a Macbook pro, and I am researching other gear. I do have a keyboard as well and a few electric guitars.

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1486
so you are only using your macbook pro and no outside amplification?

If that is the case than I would look at a pair of powered studio monitors from companies such as alesis or the POWERED version of the tannoy reveal.

and I am not familiar with the units that you named.

high end computer speakers will work as well, but IMHO they will not give the same results.

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1487
and it is pronounced "tan-noye"

not "tannie" :-)

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3852
M-Audio is gaining more and more press lately. I think their speakers are pretty well respected, but I'm not sure. I thought for sure the Studiophile speakers would be White Van speakers.

If they fit your budget and application, why not? It's going to be very hard finding powered speakers in your price range that can be taken seriously.

Places like Guitar Center and Sam Ash would be a good place to go to hear some of this stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us