Aiwa cx-nv-2000U

Username: U2597

Post Number: 1
I have an Aiwa 7-disc stero system. The CD tray opens involuntarily. When I close it, it will open again within a few seconds (sometimes). I also have CDs inside which I cannot get out. What can I do to fix this problem? How do I open the case to get my CDs out? I took out the screws attached to the face plate, but the case is not coming off. HELP me peeps, HELP ME!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 915
The CD inside is making it open up so you need to get it out, obviously. If you can't open it up, can you take it to a repair shop ? They probably won't charge you all that much just to open it up.

Or you can just get a new one off the Craiglist in your area - they always show up for less than $100.

Hope this helps...

Username: U2597

Post Number: 2
thx for the advice. b4 i received ur post, i did take it to the repair shop and he could not get it out and said the CD part to replace is probably not available since Sony does not support Aiwa anymore in the US or it's too expensive. So my nx solution is that I'm going to cut the top plastic where I can c my CDs and c if I can get them out that way. Last resort, will go to CraigsList if I end up destroying the whole system....i.e. tape player, radio (which r still good)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us