Denon AVR-687 - A & B Volume control?

Username: Glennkl

Post Number: 5
Figured this is a shot in the dark, but what the heck...

I have a Denon 687 with Speakers A wired to my living room and Speakers B wired to the patio. They toggle just fine, but A is much louder than B. In order to hear B, A has to be cranked up way too loud. Does anyone know how I can adjust the volume of one independent of the other? I have them connected to "Front A" and "Front B" on the receiver so that they will toggle, but I haven't found a way to adjust the volume on just one. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3943
Could just be the speakers in your living room are more sensitive than the speakers outside. Theoretically A and B should be outputting the same volume. Does your receiver have a "zone" feature? Some AVR's allow you to have a zone B with separate volume controls.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14899

Buy a volume control to insert in the line between the speaker "B" output and the speakers.

Username: Glennkl

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the responses guys. I could have sworn I looked at Zone 2 when I first bought this thing and decided it would not work for what I needed. Anyway, I messed around with it some more and Zone 2 works perfectly. Thanks a bunch!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3947
Great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us