Top of Line speakers

Username: Jlettie

Post Number: 1
I have heard both Polk LSI25s and PSB Synchrony One. Both companies manufacture there speakers in China. I wanted more informantion about there quality control. I E-mailed Polk and
I received a full explanation exactly how they control the quality control. Polk has a qualified representative at the plant in China at all times. I E-mail three different representaives at PSB and I never received any reply. Both Polks and PSB speakers are 4 ohm speakers. Both speakers are a bit overpriced considering they are made in China. If you buy either speakers you must choose a good receiver. I phoned Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer. I spoke to a technician from all three companies. They would not recommend any of there current receivers to run 4 ohm speakers. I asked why? All three techs said the receivers would run hot and eventually burn out the Amp. I contacted NAD, Marantz and Mcintosh. They all claimed no problem with 4 ohm speakers. I like the NAD receivers best because they are modular. If an upgrade in the technology becomes available, Just purchase a new board. This would be much cheaper than purchasing a new receiver.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12628
Statement or question?

I like the late model Marantz the best of the three and the PSB's over the Polk's.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 3037
Its good to hear Polk overlook their china manufacturing, now all they need to do is make their speakers sound good. Then they would be set. hehe.

Out of those three I would definitely dig the NAD for pure sound, but the new Marantz are pretty sweet with all their bells and whistles, and they sound good as well. The NAD's modular AVR's are very nice but overpriced IMO. Oh, and I pick PSB over Polk any day as well.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3881
You can't even mention PSB and Polk in the same breath, I'm afraid. PSB use the anechoic chambers and sound labs at the National Research Council here in Ottawa to design their speakers (where I've actually worked), Polk, well.... who knows? Even the lowliest old PSB Alpha speakers (which I own) blow away anything Polk currently sells.

What was the question again?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14976
Who cleaned the floors at the NRC from 1999-2001 for 400$, Alex...

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 640
Well, at least Polk answers their email. I once emailed a couple of well regarded European speaker companies to ask a similar type question and got no response. If they don't want to answer email then why put an email address on their website and claim they welcome questions? I'm sure this post doesn't help the OP at all, it's just a little thing that has always irritated me, even though it wouldn't stop me from buying from that company.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3816
When did PSB start manufacturing in China? My generation ago T55s were made in Canada. That sucks if they moved production.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12633
Conrad Herwig - The Latin Side of Wayne Shorter with special guests Eddie Palmieri and Brian Lynch

Allen Toussaint - The Bright Mississippi

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3884
"Who cleaned the floors at the NRC from 1999-2001 for 400$"

I give up. Who?

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12639
I oops again!

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 3040
lol

PSB still make em in Canada as far as I knew Stu.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us