Newbie question to home audio.

Username: Regal81

Post Number: 1
Hello, everyone i'm new to home audio. I was wondering on the order of recievers in quality that is.
I know of pioneer, sony, yamaha, onkyo, sherwood, jvc,and harmon kardin. I was wondering if you could let me the know which brand is better in a list?i know there are some more out there so please let me in the info. im in search of a new reciever and would like to asure i get a good brand. thank you very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Tifore

Little Italia, Ohio USA

Post Number: 18
Ron,
Welcome to Ecoustics. To compile a list for you, we're going to need some more information such as what this reciever will be used for. Music, Movies, Radio, CD Player, LP's, 2.0 system, 5.1 system... etc. You catch my drift I hope.
Also, what is your price range for your new reciever and what other exsisting gear will you be using with this reciever?
After this information is established people will be able to give you a way better list of companies and products they can reccommend.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14740
Add Arcam to the fray as well.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1186
Greetings Ron,

All of the brands listed here (other than, IMO Sony, I would add Denon) have fine reputations. The best one for YOU will be the one that sounds the best to YOU and YOU have to make sure that operating it doesn't cause sever chest pains.

The only way to find that sort of thing out is to go out shopping. Remember to use the remote for each receiver and imagine trying to operate it in the dark.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1453
I would also add Adcom, B&K, Outlaw Audio, Rotel, and NAD to that list as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us