BOSE Lifestyle 5 HELP

Username: Bkaub

Huntington Beach, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new to this forum, have spent the morning reading very interesting and insightful posts. I need some advice/help. I have a BOSE Lifestyle 5 (5 speaker) system mfg'd in 1994 (yep old). This weekend all of our BOSE indoor speakers went silent. However, our BOSE outdoor speakers, which have a separate powered amp work fine on all settings (BluRay, TV, CD, ETC). So I checked all indoor connections, disconnected power for 60 minutes and nothing changed. Not that I know much of anything about electronics, but the only thing I can think of is that the powered subwoofer must have gone bad since all the cubes are plugged into it- but not the outdoor. Can anyone give me advice on if that is the problem, is there anything I can do myself, how much it is likely to cost me if I need to take it in. And finally, if I ditch the whole old system and go new with something other than BOSE, will my BOSE outdoor speakers work with another mfg Home Theatre system? (we actually really love the outdoor speakers- more than the indoor so we'd like to keep those). Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1152
Greetings,

Could you provide some more information on how your system is connected? Specifically what is powering your outdoor speakers and how everything is interconnected. You say a separate powered amp but I am wondering if that is some sort of receiver or not. The only hope for your Lifestyle system would be some external source causing the problem. Other clues would be if there are any lights or text showing up anywhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us