Klipsch 5.1 PC Speakers to TV?

Username: Used1127

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have an older set of Klipsch 5.1 PC speakers (like maybe 5-6 years old) but the sound is still amazing on them and I havent used them in quite some time. I was wondering if there was some way I could use these for my Home Theater set up. I understand that I probably won't be able to get true surround out of it since ill probably end up having to connect it to red/white RCA but I wouldnt mind.

The issue I have is that the connection for the speakers to the PC are 3 cords (center, rear, front 3.5mm cords). Now my PC is right next to my TV pretty much and it has all of the correct outputs for surround. Is there any way I can use my PC as the intermediary and then connect a cable from my pc to my TV or is there a simple adapter that I could use instead for the speakers straight to the TV. Or if this is just a retarded idea all together please let me know for I am not very home theater savvy lol. Thanks ahead of time.

P.S.My TV is pretty new and has HDMI, optical, RCA, and most likely whatever I could use.

Post Number: 2
I couldn't think of my model at the time, but this is exact set that I have, if this helps at all. Thanks.

Klipsch ProMedia 5.1-Certified 6-Speaker

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1149
Not exactly the ultimate sound system but it will sound better than the TV speakers. All you need, I think, is a 3.5mm female to RCA male adapter.

If this link doesn't work just Google the description. I am really curious as to how it works so please let us know.

Post Number: 3
Thanks a lot, I'll pick one of those up on my way home from work tonight and do a follow up. My 3 possible components are here:

My Speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-5-1-Certified-6-Speaker/dp/B000062VUQ

My Motherboard (has surround sound ports): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131329

My TV: http://www.vizio.com/vo370m.html#support

My TV's sound is pretty lackluster so anything would be an improvement for me.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1150
With that little adapter you should be able to connect directly to your TV and you should get 5.1 out. Have fun!

Post Number: 4
Just giving you an update. It turns out that I didnt even need that cord after all. I decided to try my 3.5mm cord that i use for my AUX IN for my car.

My speakers are all hooked up to my PC and all I did was connect the 3.5mm cord from my headphone jack of my TV to my "Line In" on my sound card and everything sounds great. I don't know how but it sounds like legit surround sound to me. I tested it by playing battlefield bad company 2 on my 360 and heard explosions and gun shots all around me. Once again I am not very home theater savvy at all but this definitely seemed to do the trick for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us