Pradigm speakers with no reciever

Username: Joe_cont

Davis, CA

Post Number: 1
I just recieved two Pradigm 3se speakers from my friend (he just got a Bose system), and i have no wires and no receiver for them. I am somewhat ignorant with home audio systems and was wondering - what receiver should i get? what wires? basically - how do i get the two speakers to work with my tv?

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1447
lucky for you he just downgraded and gave you speakers that are much better.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1144
Greetings Joe,

Perhaps you should read this prior to asking too much about Paradigm's!!!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/623105.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
Oh yeah, and to Gavin's point you may want to search Bose on this site to see what a great friend you have! I just wonder how long it will take him to realize his mistake!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3714
He'll be asking for the Paradigms back in no time.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3715
What's your ultimate goal Joe? Do you want a surround sound system for your TV, or are just the two speakers good enough? Do you watch a lot of movies?

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1448
I have yet to understand how so many people can think the acoustimass speakers sound good. When a double blind is done, they usually lose to other brands, even to other lifestyle products.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1146
Forgive us Joe!!! Another Bose discussion has broken out!!!

Mostly it is the name and fabulous marketing and maybe, just maybe, because they are so different sounding and again, maybe just maybe, that would be the reason most of us dislike them so much.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14580

"Perhaps you should read this prior to asking too much about Paradigm's!!!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/623105.html"

The Studio 100's appear to be an anomaly for Paradigm in that they are the only speaker currently in the line with such strenuous demands on amplification. For the most part Paradigms as a line are not too difficult for even a decent receiver though they do appreciate better amplification when it is provided.

Is this the speaker you have?

http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/speaker_only-specification-88-1-2-31.paradig m

You really have to appreciate a speaker company that states their impedance as "compatible with 8 Ohms". WTF does that mean?!

Fairly high sensitivity though - once again they prefer to play games with numbers.

How much cash you got, JC?

Username: Joe_cont

Davis, CA

Post Number: 2
I will try to answer ya'll together.

My plans: for now, just these two speakers - but potentially, yeah - surround sound hopefully.

Jan Vigne - those are not the speakers i have, mine are somewhat older - wanna say maybe 5 years old? not sure....all they have is the model number 3se on the back, I dont have any manual or anyhting for them, so sorry for my lack of info on them....

And thanks for the link, i will be reading that message board immediately
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us