Speakers for NAD T743

Username: Big_red

Post Number: 1
Just purchased the T743 (though still thinking about upgrading to the 753 - extra $400 canadian) and have a couple of open questions on the speakers.

The back channels I am thinking about ceiling mounted speakers (small room with couch against back wall), and for the sub an Energy ex-L s8 ($200 Canadian). The first question is your thoughts on these choices.

For the front I am debating between totem mites, psb alpha b, or the floor model in each (alpha T or totem arro ($1200 canadian) - I think). First off on the bookshelf speakers which are better, any other suggestions? Next is it worth going for the speaker upgrade (I want to listen to great theatre and music as well)?

thank you for your help with this.

Jeff

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 332
B&Ws and Paradigms are a good match to NAD. PSB works fine too and I havent heard any complains on the Totems either. Listen them yourself and take the ones you like the most.

Post Number: 2
Well I went looking at the 753 today and found a great deal on the kEF Q3. So I bought both. It ended up being a little higher end then originally expected so I am going to have to wait on the sub, but I figured it was a good trade off.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1606
I think that's a really good choice, Jeff. I am a long-term KEF fan, and a recent convert to NAD. They work well together. That Uni-Q design makes a lot if sense. I had a good experience with KEF recently, see the thread KEF. A short tale of value, service, customer satisfaction. Nothing wrong with B&W, PSB, or Paradigm, either, but KEF always was quality outfit, and makes drivers for other speaker companies, as well as its own models.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1607
BTW Q3s have good bass extension and so an extra, active sub is not essential.
http://www.kef.com/products/qseries/qseries3.html

If you like the Q3s, the KEF HTS "eggs" might make good, compatible surrounds/centers; they are small and can be fixed on the wall or ceiling. They are also Uni-Q design, and give excellent imaging.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
John,

That is what I was thinking, and helped justify the purchase of the Q3s - I figured with better base then the Q1s for example, I could wait on the sub.

For the rear channel (surround) I bought ceiling speakers (smallish room with couch right against the back wall). On the center I'm leaning to the matching sp[eaker with the Q3s, but will wait till the Christmas sales to purchase (and save up).

thank you for your input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us