Connecting old speakers to a newer system.

Steve
I have just bought a new Pansonic SC-EN5 mini system but i want to connect up different speakers to those supplied with it. I already have some off my older system (Aiwa XR-M11). The connectors for both sets of speakers are the same but i'm just not certain if the two makes of gear are compatible. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Username: Edison

Post Number: 25
Check the ohm rating on the speakers, and if they match, you should be fine. Some systems do not work with 4 ohms - only 8 ohms.

Username: Mark_of_cenla

Plaucheville, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 4
I connected my old Philips speakers from my old mini system to my new Sony mini system, and it sounds much better.

Anonymous

I took 2 old speakers from my car and i'm trying to wire them up to my mp3 discman but it's just not working how do u suppose i come about this?

Anonymous

would the sony speakers SRS-A27 work on my Sony Atrac3plus MP3 CD Walkman D-NE511

Unregistered guest
i took 2 old speakers out of my car and tried connecting it.but the output is very very low.do i have to connect an amplifier.the speakers i have used are of 4 ohms.

dimsum_ph
Unregistered guest
always follow the speaker rating, you should never used one that is lower than what is indicated. If it says there 4 ohms, don't use speakers below that rating or you will be wasting power.

DANNYDANNY
Unregistered guest
i have just bought a new technics system, and i want to hook up also my old sony speakers to it, so there would be 4 speakers overall. BUT there is only an input for both of my new speakers, so i have nowehre to connect my old sony ones, how would i go about connecting these? any suggestions would be appreciated. .
danny

Anonymous

I've got some old Electro Voice SH-1512 night club speakers. They have 1/4 inch jacks. Is there any way to hook that up to any of the newer stereo recievers? My amp is going out.

Username: Grief

Post Number: 2
DANNYDANNY there is a way using the b-tech 's bt12 loudspeaker switch. it will allow you to connect two pairs of speakers and listening to them separatelly or at the same time. Here is a helpful link
http://www.hifileads.co.uk/website/access/btech-bt12.htm it 's quite unexpensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us