How To Connect My RCA Input Sub to My Receiver!!

Username: Skial123

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 5
I have a receiver with only right and left speaker wire ouputs. I already own a sub that connects through an RCA cable, not speaker wire. My receiver is not a surround sound receiver. I have 3 RCA inputs plugged into the receiver. I am very confused on how to connect the three inputs to the sub and the receiver. Any Suggestions?

Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 9
If thats the case, as it is with most two channel receivers, speaker level outputs only, no low frequency rca output, AND ypur subwoofer has no speaker level inputs, and only a rca input, you will not be able to connect the two! DO NOT use any of the RCA INPUTS on the back of your receiver! What brand of receiver? What model number, same question for the sub!

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 6
The receiver is a Teac AG790. The equiptment is plugged into it by normal Right and Left RCAs. I am confused why I shouldn't use the RCA inputs because those are the only inputs! There are no optical inputs either. The sub is really is meant for a computer but I wish to connect it to the receiver so I do not have to buy a new sub or receiver. It is part of an Altec Lansing Multimedia system and requires an input which comes from the speaker with the controls on it. It also plugs into an electrical outlet and supplies the speakers with power.

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 7
Sorry, the speaker obviously supports speaker level inputs and transforms it into a low frequency RCA output which plugs into the sub. I only use those speakers so I can plug in the sub and not for listening because I have the other speakers which use the speaker wire output from the receiver that I use for listening. Could I somehow plug my equiptment into the receiver and speakers so I can use both the sub and speakers I already have? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 39
Sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but that multi-media sub is gonna have a tough time keeping up with even a modest set of "home audio" speakers. Even if you do manage to get it hooked up, it's output capabilities will probably be insuficient. You best bet is to build or buy a sub meant for regular audio use.

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 8
How can I build a sub or get some plans?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us