Looking For A New Receiver Under $200

Username: Skial123

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 1
After my recent Birthday, I have $100 to Media Play. Having spent my other certificates on other equiptment I have everything but the receiver. I have a choice between the $120 Teac ACG790 0r the $150 Sony STR-DE197. The difference is the Sony has not needed video inputs and a better remote. Having bought a cheap KLH 5-CD changer I have learned that cheap audio products remotes don't work. I am afraid of the same thing happening with the Teac receiver. Which receiver should I buy?

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 28
Neither Save ur money and make ur Buy Worth While , if u spen 200 on a reciver its probable going to be crap Espectialy if its Sony, So i say Save ur MOney money you will thank ur self for it one day

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 29
Neither Save ur money and make ur Buy Worth While , if u spen 200 on a reciver its probable going to be crap Espectialy if its Sony, So i say Save ur MOney money you will thank ur self for it one day

Silver Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 102
Alex, if you're not looking for a surround capable receiver than you should look at the Onkyo TX 8211. It has 50 clean watts per channel and the sound is very good. The remotes works as it should. It goes for around $180. Stay away from Teac and Sony audio products you won't be happy with them.

Bronze Member
Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 15
Get HK 125 for $198 from Harmanaudio.com. Comes with 2 year warranty and it'll sound much better than the Teac or cheap Sony.

Or get this Onkyo 501 6.1 receiver for $145.
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=157373

BeerBudget
Unregistered guest
The other option not yet mentioned is to look for something used. That would allow you to buy something more than you would new.

I would also suggest an Integrated Amp versus a receiver and if you need FM buy a Tuner later.

You can buy used from a Stereo Shop or do do some research on equipment and then haunt yard sales and Estate Sales where you can sometimes pick up an outlandish bargain from someone just trying to liquidate an Estate.

Good way to buy fishing gear too.

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 71
I agree on the Onkyo SR501. I would also consider the Pioneer VSX 814K, I had this receiver on demo for 3 weeks and I felt it sounded even better than the Onkyo SR701 which is an upgraded receiver over the SR501. Only your ears will tell you what you prefer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us